Monday, 1 December 2014

It's Happening... My First DNF

Today I decided that I don't intend to finish Gone Girl, at least not right now. It's my first DNF on this blog, and let me assure you that I don't intend to make DNFs a habit, but the fact is that this book is just not holding any interest for me right now, and I have a goal of having a certain number of books read by the new year. Not to mention that I received an Early Reviewer copy of Descent that I want to read, and that all of those lovely books that I bought at my school's book fair are still sitting there, gathering dust, because I couldn't start them while still trying to read Gone Girl.

Gone Girl is not necessarily a bad book. It just isn't something that's calling me to finish it right now, and my attempt to finish it before moving on to something else is just slowing down my reading and, more importantly, this blog, which I really enjoy writing and just can't move along with until I get something else to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for commenting! Your comments will be moderated before posting (just to make sure they aren't spam or otherwise irrelevant), so don't panic if they don't appear right away!