A place where I talk about books of all kinds, because I love them, and I hope you do, too.
Sunday, 9 November 2014
Still Slogging Through Gone Girl...
Reading the reviews for Gone Girl, I knew that it was one of those books that people really like or really hate, but I was determined to read it because the movie looked so interesting, despite the fact that I already disliked one of Flynn's books, Dark Places. So far, I'm only a little more than 100 pages into Gone Girl, and I have to say it's slow going. It's not exactly boring, but it doesn't motivate me to stay up to read it if I'm tired or pull myself away from my computer to keep reading. My opinion of it is kind of balanced at the midpoint right now--I like some parts and I'm less fond of others. I thought I should just add a little something here, even though I'm not really at the 50% mark that usually leads to a mid-reading post, because it seems like it's going to take me awhile to get through this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi, thanks for commenting! Your comments will be moderated before posting (just to make sure they aren't spam or otherwise irrelevant), so don't panic if they don't appear right away!